Don’t live with your fatty liver ….Treat it !
Now a days number of fatty liver patients in our opd are increasing day by day. According to medical science Some fat in your liver is normal thing. But if it makes up more than 5%-10% of the organ’s weight, you may have fatty liver disease.
Its alarming sign to your body.
Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease affects about 25 % of people in the world.
There are two main types of fatty liver disease:
- Alcoholic liver disease (ALD)
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)
You can also get fatty liver disease during pregnancy.
Alcoholic Liver Disease (ALD) :
You can get alcoholic liver disease from drinking lots of alcohol. It can even show up after a short period of heavy drinking.
Other things that may affect your chance of getting ALD are:
Hepatitis C (which can lead to inflammation in your liver)
Too much iron in your body
Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) :
It’s also more likely to happen to those who are middle-aged and overweight or obese. People like that often have high cholesterol and diabetes as well.
Other causes are:
Autoimmune or inherited liver disease
Fast weight loss
Some studies show that too much bacteria in your small intestine and other changes in the intestine may be linked to nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
Ayurvedic remedy for fatty liver :
We correlate that Meda or fat is a Kapha element (rich in kapha). Therefore the same causes which bring about a pathological increase in Kapha also will increase Meda in the body.
In Medo rog excessive consumption of kapha increasing foods and activities which tend to increase fat in the body and also reduce the capacity of the liver to process and digest Fat.
Other avoidable foods in fatty liver : (avoid excessive usage)
- Masha – Black grams, Godhuma – Wheat
- Tila pishta vikruti – Preparations and dishes made up of paste of sesamum
- Dadhi – Curds, Dugdha – Milk
- Payasa – Sweet dish prepared on milk base
- Ikshu Vikara – Derivatives of Sugarcane like white sugar etc
- Anupa Mamsa – Flesh of animals living in marshy land
- Audaka Mamsa – Flesh of aquatic animals etc.
- Fast food and junk food
How to treat Excess Meda and Medo Roga (Sthoulya) in FLD :
The treatment principles and medicines explained in the treatment of MedoRoga should be tried in Fatty liver disease. They are highly effective. The below mentioned are the treatment and medicines of MedoRoga:
Preferred treatments in Medo Roga:
- Udwarthana– Medicated powder, pastes are used to massage in the reverse direction of the hairs
- Vaman – Therapeutic emesis
- Virechana– Therapeutic Purgation
- Vasti (Teekshna Kashaya Vasti)– Strong enemas with decoctions which reduce fat should be given
- Lekhana Vasti – Enemas prepared with drugs having a capacity to scrap the excess fat accumulated in the body
Good foods in Medo Roga:
- KaphShamak aahar – All food and diet which can reduce Kapha
- Purana Shali – Old rice
- Mudga – Green grams
- Kulattha – Horse gram
- Yava – Barley
- koshna jal -luke warm water
- Gluten free diet
FOR DETAILS ABOUT FATTY LIVER :
VISIT OUR CENTRE
DR.PHALLE’S AYUSANJIVANI AYURVEDA
1 st floor,opposite radisson hotel,bypass road,kharadi